Have you heard the Good News? Mel Gibson is working on a sequel to 2004’s The Passion of the Christ! While the project is of course a spiritual successor, it’s unclear if it will directly follow the events of the first film. The title would offer a clue but like God’s plan, it remains unknown to us lesser mortals. We at The Sidebar will leave most of the work in Gibson’s blessed hands, but we’ll offer up a tithe in the form of a proper moniker for his holy work. Mr. Gibson, please look over the list of suggestions below and pick your favorite! No payment necessary, but a nod in the credits would be nice.
- The Passion of the Christ 2: God’s Not Dead
- Passion 2: Judgment Day
- Jesus Christ: Hellblazer
- Abbot and Costello Meet their Maker!
- The Lord of the Hosts: The Return of the King
- Passion 2: Double-Crossed
- Elohim: Resurrection
- 2 Passion 2 Christ
- The Lazarus Effect
- Passion 2: Crux Control
- Jesus and the Q Continuum
- Left Behind: Origins
- You Only Live Twice
- Jesus Christ and the Godly Hallows
- Passion II: Purgatorio
- Good Friday After Next
- Paradise Regained: The Movie
- The Last Temptation of Christ 2: Second Coming
- The Triumph of the Divine Will
- Jesus Christ Superstar 2: Don’t Stop Believin’!
We’re aware that some of these names have been taken already, but don’t be deterred, Mr. Gibson! Let nothing stand in the way of your
manipulative cash grab piously motivated film-making. After all, Christ died for your scenes.